Saturday, July 28, 2012

COOP REPAIRS


It doesn't take long for a coop to show signs of wear and tear.  I have been having problems with the door sticking and not being able to open it all the way.  With my brother unable to assist me, I sat down to tackle this job myself.  I am not, mind you, a carpenter in any way, shape, or form.  However, I knew that I would need to remove the door and sand down the bottom to get it free flowing again.  So that is where I started.


With the door off (it is heavier than it looks) I was able to get a better look at the bottom.  Since I don't own a planer, I figured my sander would have to do the trick.  I sanded and sanded and sanded.  I fixed the stripped screw holes that held the hinges in place and figured I was good to go.  Putting the door back up single handed was more of a challenge than I had originally intended.  But I propped it on my foot and that made it a reasonable height to begin putting it back on the frame.


Pleased with my accomplishments I considered this a complete success!  However, the hens had a nervous breakdown the whole time I was working.  As you can see, they stayed far away from the project.


3 comments:

Sherri B. said...

Hey, great job, Sis! How funny that the chickens are all bunched together in the corner. xo

Scrappy said...

thw work never ends it seems!

Wyatt said...

I suppose chickens don't care much for power tools. Hope they know it was for the greater good of the flock!

Wyatt and Stanzie