Wednesday, January 8, 2014

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Happy New Year Everyone! 

As the rest of the country struggles to get out from under the grips of a polar vortex, here in the Pacific Northwest, we are having much of the same ole same ole.....rain.  In December we had quite a lengthy bout of freezing weather, but nothing earth shattering.  And we were able to enjoy a frosty Christmas with just the right amount of nip in the air to make spirits bright. 

Coming upon the New Year, I had one pressing issue that I wanted to incorporate in my daily life come January.  I wanted and desperately needed to carve out some time with Mom for a daily devotion.  I am not one to make "resolutions" per say, however, I do believe in the constant renewing of our daily lives with new ways to reinvent ourselves as our lives change and grow.

 
 
I chose to begin our mornings with the devotional "Jesus Calling" by Sarah Young.  It is the most fabulous book out there for quick and life changing times with our Lord.  I read the daily devotion and corresponding scripture out loud to Mom while we enjoy our morning cup of coffee.  This sweet little moment sets the mood for our day and gives us strength to face the challenges that may be ahead.




Also, on New Years Day, my baby girl, Savannah, turned 12 years old.  She is quite worn out in this picture from being terrified all night from the fireworks and bombs that exploded at midnight and before.  Since then, I have secured some tranquilizers from the veterinarians to help her be calm should any more neighbors decide to be heavy handed with the explosives.

Be well, my friends, and may this New Year bring you peace and many blessings.

1 comment:

Molly the Airedale said...

Happy 12th Birthday, Savannah, and Happy New Year to you and yours! We hope you have a wonderful 2014!

Love ya lots♥
Mitch and Molly