Tuesday, February 1, 2011

LIFE IN THE PACIFIC NW


I have lived in Oregon all my life, so I am used to being well watered, so to speak.  I retreated outside yesterday to take some wet, but interesting photo's of life in my backyard.  This birdhouse looks weatherbeaten, but each spring a new bird family moves in and raises their young successfully.


Now this is a familiar scene around these parts.  Moss, moss and more moss.  The trees are covered in it as is the ground.  Sometimes I think I have more moss than grass! 

Another thing that is familiar around here, is rust.  Oh boy, do we get rust.  It's not so bad really...all this rain makes for a green landscape that has no rivals.

2 comments:

Sherri B. said...

You have captured our beloved NW beautifully..The birdhouse is my favorite.

Katiebee said...

I like the moss...rust, not so much~ nice pics

xo

katie