Sunday, January 16, 2011

BAKING WITH DELUSIONS


I attempted to make sugar cookies after church today.  I dreamed of perfect cookies with smooth frosting glistening on each cookie surface (picture Martha Stewarts cookies) and sighed with a smile at the image in my, oh so, dilusional mind.  After all, just look at the picture above......not a "Martha" image now is it?


I was making snowflakes and roosters.  The snowflakes would be adorned with the blue frosting and little silver balls.  And the delusion continued.....


Frosting looks more mint green than blue....hmmmmm.  Not quite living up to my dream at this point.


With the cookies in the oven, I was half way there.  Don't they look deceivingly delicious?


Here they are cooling on the rack.  At this point I was no longer delusional....getting them from the cookie sheet to the cooling rack turned out to be lethal for my little cookies.  The snowflakes lost their "flakes" and the rooster lost his feet and tails.  These show the very few that survived the trauma of transfer.


And here I am....the happy delusional baker.  I am just happy to be cancer free, growing hair and healthy enough to bake disaterous pastry concoctions.  Does life get any better than this?

3 comments:

Sherri B. said...

I can hear Grandies now "Oh, just look at this mess..it reminds me of your sister"!

So glad to see the mixer is in good hands!

Michelle said...

Isn't that the truth! LOL!!!

Katiebee said...

Hi Michelle!
I came across your blog thru Sherri~ I loved this post..*L* gave me a good laugh~
Nice to meet you~