Friday, January 29, 2010

PASSING ON


I have been hesitant to post this picture of Gabby, for the pain is still heavy in my heart.  Monday, I discovered Gabby had passed away while I was out for the morning.  She was two months shy of her second birthday.  The saying is true, "you never know what you've got until its gone".  Gabby was a lovely hen, with a sweetness about her that would melt your heart.  She will be missed.  Everyone else in the flock is healthy and strong...a fact I am savoring more for the moment, as you never know what tomorrow brings.  So, don't forget to hug your hens.

2 comments:

Sherri B. said...

I am so sorry for your loss. We too have had our chickens pass to the big beautiful coop in the sky where the walls are made of flock block and the conpost pile never runs low on red worms and the roosters live somewhere far, far away. Remember these lovely thoughts when you think of her. Oh, and nice blog and great pictures.

Michelle said...

Sherri,

Thanks for the encouraging words. I am a very visual person, and love your description of hen heaven.

Michelle N.