Saturday, February 26, 2011

MY SPACE


I suppose you could say I got the cart before the horse, but I decided to rearrange my room and organize it BEFORE I painted the walls....LOL!  I bought paint many moons ago for my room, but since then have changed my mind on the color I want on my walls.  Now, I must save money again to purchase my new choice of color for these war torn walls.


I love my desk space.  It is so fun and inviting.  I picked up the red chair at a tag sale last summer for a few bucks.  It was already red, so I didn't have to paint it!


My bed is my favorite spot, however, for many reasons.  This bed use to belong to my Grandma and Grandpa, and is very old.  I added the extra western touches by hanging the star in between two framed western prints.


This dresser was also my Grandpa's when he was a young man in Canada.  I make sure to take good care of it, as it is a family heirloom and priceless to us.  I love that the CD holder matches so well with the dresser.


These spurs belonged to my Grandpa while he was in the Canadian Army.  He taught all the soldiers how to ride a horse.  I love these spurs and wish I could have known my Grandpa and swapped horse stories with him. 


And last but not least, I must introduce you to the accent pillow I wanted to put on my bed to pull together some of the splotches of red and orange I have scattered throughout the room.  Well, that pillow does not reside on my bed any longer.  It spent one afternoon perched high on my bed, until Sasha found it and started to chew it.  The results:


A very torn, very chewed corner now adorns my once beautiful accent pillow.  So much for creative decorating.  This pillow now rests on my bench....with the torn/chewed corner tucked under to hide the damage.

2 comments:

Sherri B. said...

Love this post! I really like the way you have done your room...How many of us have done that paint thing in the past..Ugh!

Anonymous said...

We have the EXACT SAME dresser! It is in my girls' room. I love that you have your grandparents bed, that is so cool.